Back to Top
2019 - 2020
- National Seminar on ‘Old Age Care and Welfare: Issues, challenges and the way forward’ was organized in association with NSIDC, New Delhi.
- Students participated in the Bonderam Passoi on the occasion of Bonderam at Divar.
- A Women’s Day celebration took place in the college with women alumni from different fields being felicitated.
- A two-day spiritual retreat was conducted at Joseph Vaz Spiritual Renewal Centre, Old Goa for the Catholics and in the college for the non-Catholics.
- A two-day Drone Workshop was held for the BCA students organized by Makematics Technologies LLP, Bangalore.
- Enthusia, an intercollegiate kabaddi and volleyball tournament; and Hercules, the intercollegiate strongest man, were conducted by the BPEd department.
2018 - 2019
- Melange, an event for higher secondary students was organized by the college. Each department put up an event to provide a glimpse at the skills and knowledge required to pursue that stream.
- A two-day National Seminar on “The Development of the Indian Constitution and contemporary challenges in modern India” was organized by the Social Work department.
- International Yoga Day was celebrated in the campus on 21st June 2018.
- A National Workshop on Sports Psychology was conducted by the BPEd department.
- Intercollegiate events such as Hercules and Enthusia were also organized.
- An Arduino Programming and Robotics Workshop was organized by the BCA department.
- Workshop on Building IoT Applications and Home Automation was conducted by the BCA department.
2017 - 2018
- Our BCA students won Techotsav organized by Government College, Khandola on 7th Dec 2017
- The BCA department obtained laurels at inter-collegiate event Techlipse, organised by St. Xavier’s College, Mapusa.
- Menosha D’Costa from the Department of Mass Communication placed 1st at the All Goa Poetry Writing and Recital Competition at Institute Menezes Braganza in 2017.
2016 - 2017
- A 1-day IT fest ‘I-Tech’ was organized for Higher Secondary Schools for the first time by the BCA department.
- ‘In Conversations’ – an executive interaction to motivate students with stories of success was organized by the college.
- Students of Travel and Tourism participated in a National Seminar ’Shaping young minds’
- BPEd student Lalu Govekar secured the Gold Medal in Weight lifting and Power lifting while Paresh Azgaonkar secured the Gold Medal in power lifting.
2015 - 2016
- The BCA students won Techlipse 2015 organized by St Xavier’s College, Mapusa and Technigyan 2015 by Dhempe College, Miramar.
- Omkar Jha of BBA won the All Goa Elocution event by the Lion’s Club of Chicalim held at Vasco.
- Ms Glenda Mascarenhas won the Award for Outstanding Faculty from the Lion’s Club of Panjim in September 2014.
- Our college was the sole associate in Goa with PRATHAM, the NGO which facilitated the Annual All India Survey since 2015 to provide reliable estimates of children’s enrolment and basic learning levels across the country.
2014 - 2015
- Introduced the Master of Social Work [MSW] Post Graduate program for the first time in the State of Goa, Affiliated to Goa University.
- Ms Disha Mashelkar secured 3rd rank at the BA exams of Goa University
2011 - 2012
- Won the 1st place at Exodus organised by St Xavier’s College on 4th February, 2012.
- Leon Lawrence and Shireen Araujo won the essay writing competition organised by the Sri Ramchandran Mission on the topic ‘Success must bestow Humility’.
- Farvin Gonsalves and Peter Noronha won the 1st place for IT paper presentation on “Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality” at Fr Agnel College in September 2011.
- The Department of BCA won the 1st place at the IT Fest organized by MES College on 27th and 28th February, 2012 and at the IT fest organized by St Xavier’s College on 29th February 2012.
2010 - 2011
- The college placed 2nd at KALEIDOSCOPE organized by Sophia College, Mumbai.
- Mr Frazel Afonso and Mr Alton D’Souza secured the 2nd place for duet singing at Kantara Singing Competition organized by Carmel College, Nuvem.
- Ms Disha Mashelkar was awarded the 2nd best speaker at the State Inter-Collegiate Debate Competition organized by Govt. College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Khandola.
2009 - 2010
- The students won the 1st place at Merchants 09 organized by Fr. Agnel College, Pilar.
- The college women’s team won the Football Tournament at the University level.
- The Travel & Tourism Department bagged the 1st place for ‘Portuguese Day’ organized by St. Xavier’s College along with Fundacao Oriente and Instituto Camoes on 5th Oct 2009.
2008 - 2009
- Introduced the Bachelor of Arts - Social Work [BSW], Undergraduate Program, for the first time in the state of Goa, Affiliated to Goa University.
- The Travel and Tourism Department organized a two-day workshop on Go Green: Sustainable Tourism on 27th & 28th September 08.
- The BPEd. department signed an MoU with Universidade de Catholica Brazil on 9th February, 2008.
- The institution secured the three top ranks for BCA at Goa University for the second consecutive year.
- The college won Merchant ‘08 organized by Fr Agnel College, Pilar and Bizz-Buzz organised by Damodar College, Margao.
- Secured laurels at ‘Xpression 09 organized by DMC College, Assagao.
- Bagged the Winning Trophy at Charizma 09 organized by Carmel College, Nuvem and Coloseum 09 organized by ICFAI.
- The Department of Social Work organized a workshop on Current Trends in Social Work on 12th September 2009.
2007 - 2008
- Introduced the Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] & Bachelor of Arts - Mass Communications [BA MC], Undergraduate Programs, Affiliated to Goa University.
- Sweta Asnodkar, Dinesh Korgaonkar and Sanketa Azgaonkar of Don Bosco College, Panjim, secured the #1, #2, & #3 Ranks at Goa University for the BCA Program.
- The students of the BCA department secured the #1 Place at CHARIZZMA ‘07 organized by Carmel College, Nuvem.
- Alok Shirodkar and Rajasekhar Harrikant, SY BCA were selected for the Goa State Cricket Team.
- Dhanu Bhogati, Milton Andrade, Asekho Joseph and Mario Vales from the BPEd. won gold medals at the Goa University sports events.
- Eliza Abraham, NCC represented the College at the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi.
- Santosh Singh, BPEd, was awarded the best paper presentation for his paper ‘Self Confidence: Key to Champions’ at NAPESS XII National Conference on Physical Education, Sports Science organized by Saraswat College.
2006 - 2007
- Introduced the Bachelor of Business Administration, Travel & Tourism [BBA TT], Undergraduate Program for the first time in the State of Goa, Affiliated to Goa University.
- The BCA department grabbed laurels at CHARIZZMA ’06 conducted by Carmel College, Nuvem and at Infofest ’06 organized by the Computer Science and Technology Department, Goa University.
- The BCA department obtained the Overall Trophy in ATTITUDES ’06 conducted by the Dept. of Computer Science and Technology, Goa University.
- Manoj Mallik of BPEd won the individual championship at the inter-collegiate Athletic meet of Goa University.
2005 - 2006
- Miss Carmen Noronha of TY BCA secured the #1 Rank at Goa University.
2004 - 2005
- Introduced the Bachelor of Physical Education [BPEd.] Graduate Program for the first time in the State of Goa, Affiliated to Goa University.
2000 - 2001
- Introduced the Bachelor of Computer Applications [BCA.] Undergraduate Program, Affiliated to Goa University.