Resource Mobilisation Policy
(Institutional strategies for mobilisation of funds and optimal utilisation of resources)
The college follows student-centric policies with focus on quality education which should be accessible to all. The main principle of management in the College is to provide the best resources to the students and faculty to meet the above requirement and run the College in order to realise the vision and mission it has set out.
This document draws the policies for resource mobilization wherein resources will be utilised to plan broad academic activities, related administrative, logistic and developmental activities. Accordingly the budget estimates and funds requirement are made.
The funds received are from fees of students enrolled in self-financed courses, state government and grants provided by UGC and based on this is the budget allocation.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POLICY The budget of the college is prepared keeping in mind developmental criteria of the college. Funds are allocated for the following purposes
- To pay salaries of teaching and non-teaching staff according to UGC regulations
- To pay the regular bills for the services provided
- Repair and maintenance of the infrastructure and the update of its facilities
- To meet the infrastructure requirement of the institution while starting new programmes
- To provide financial support to seminars/workshops/expert talks/Association activities/Faculty Development programmes/social outreach programs
- To support student participation in various State/National/ International-level Sports, Academic and Cultural activities as well as exchange programs organised to widen their horizons and provide new experiences.
- Scholarships to deserving students
- Employee Provident fund (EPF), Employees State Insurance (ESI) and other benefits are provided to the appointed staff
The College will follow complete transparency in use of funds. Further, grants received from UGC are mainly earmarked for growth and developmental work of the college.
The College needs three types of resources i.e. Human Resources, Equipment & Material Resources and Infrastructural Resources.HUMAN RESOURCES
The College will ensure that qualified manpower needed to run the educational courses as per the laid down norms of the concerned regulatory authority are made available. For the appointment of officers and other supporting staff the procedure laid down by statutes, ordinances and govt. policies will be followed
EQUIPMENT & MATERIAL RESOURCES
- Appointment of Teachers
The posts of Assistant Professors, Associate Professor and Professors are laid down by relevant regulating authorities like the affiliated university, mandates issued by UGC, AICTE, NCTE, etc. The required number of posts as prescribed by regulating authorities for the various departments to operate courses will be adhered to.
- Selection and Recruitment Process for Teachers
As per the vacancies approved by the statute, the Selection Board will have a representative from the institution and a deputed expert from the respective department. The Selection Board will carry out interviews of selected candidates as per the merit. The Selection Board will be headed by the Principal. Appointments will be done as per the approved vacancies.
- Appointment of Non-Technical Staff
The number of officers/supervisors required for non-technical work is laid down by the statutes, act and laid down norms.
- Mobilization of Students against Intake.
The important part of cash inflow is student admissions and resulting fees received from them. In order to ensure that maximum seats are filled against approved intake following mobilization plan is implemented.
- Quality Education & Infrastructure.
The University is to ensure that updated teachers and world class infrastructure is available so the satisfied studentsâ€™ work as ambassadors to mobilize new admissions.
- Advertisements & Publicity.
The University should spend certain amount decided in the budget annually on this head to mobilize admissions effectively and create a brand value.
- Infrastructure & Facilities.
This attracts quality intake and enhances mobility to attract maximum admission. Efforts therefore be made for ensuring world class facilities.
- Counselling and Guidance.
The Counselling Cell with an available counsellor be should be provided to support and guide the students to overcome their individual, emotional and social problems.
The requirement of equipment and material resources will be worked out by respective departments in BoS and consolidated at university level by the Academic Council. INFRASTRUCUTRAL RESOURCES
In order to operate the approved academic programmes effectively and provide administrative support, the building and basic infrastructural requirements will be met in terms of financial load and time needed.FUNDS MOBILISATION
On the basis of Student Intake, Faculty requirements, Lab/library/material need and infrastructural need, the details of funds requirement will be examined and cash inflow/out flow will be worked out at BoS, Academic Council and with the Finance Committee. A Resource Mobilization Plan will be made with following broad outlines.Resource mobilization is also carried out by following means
- Cash inflow from fees of students
- Grants From individuals, philanthropist
- Interest on corpus funds
- Cash inflow likely from Govt. and Non Govt. funding, Alumni Funding, Sponsorship/grants and interest etc.
- Cash outflow based on already running programmes, enhancement in expenditures, maintenances, administrative expenditure and depreciation. Repayment of earlier loans interest etc included in cash out flow
Fund generated from above are principally used for maintenance and development of the collegeOptimum utilization of funds is ensured through
- Adequate funds allocated for effective teaching-learning practices that include Orientation Programmes, Workshops, Inter-disciplinary activities, training programmes, Refresher Courses that ensures quality education.
- Budget is utilized to meet day to day operational and administrative expenses and maintenance of fixed assets.
- Enhancement of library facilities needed to augment learning practices and accordingly requisite funds are utilized every year.
- Adequate funds are utilized for development and maintenance of infrastructure of the college.
The institution will conduct internal and external audits regularly. The main motto of resource mobilisation and optimal utilisation of resources is to raise our college up to the benchmark of quality teaching and unique growth of students.